Real Estate in Earl Grey, Saskatchewan
Learn More About Earl Grey, Saskatchewan
Earl Grey is a village in southern Saskatchewan, Canada, located approximately 66.67 kilometers from the city of Regina, Saskatchewan. A small statue of a grain elevator is displayed in the downtown area, a commemorative tribute to the village's once-thriving grain economy.
The area was first settled in 1901 by Paul Henderson, younger brother of Jack Henderson, hangman of Louis Riel. Subsequent to Paul Henderson's death from exposure in 1903, other settlers followed; in 1906 the village was incorporated and named "Earl Grey" after Albert Grey, 4th Earl Grey, Canada's Governor General at the time.
Currently, the town has two churches (Christ Lutheran Church (ELCIC) and a United Church), one Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, several old-age homes, a hotel, a curling rink, and a veterinary clinic. The public school was downsized to a Kindergarten-Grade 8 school in the 2003-2004 school year, before closing completely in 2007.