Last updated: January 18, 2016
Homenova Inc and its affiliates (alternatively referred to as “Homenova”, “We”, “Us”, and “Our”) provides an online platform through our website(s) and application(s) to be considered simply as a tool used by you (Alternatively referred to as, “User”, “You”, and “Your”), to assist in the selling and buying of homes directly and connect you to value added service providers. (the “Platform”)
We appreciate your use of our Platform and any contributions you make to our Platform, through purchases and otherwise.
Homenova values your privacy and has designed this policy so that you can understand what personal information of yours is collected, stored, how we use it and why we need it.
We consider your personal information, such as your name, gender, postal address, e-mail address, and phone number as private. However, you are using the Homenova Platform because you want to sell or buy your home directly. For us to be able to provide this service, we therefore need to collect, store, use and under some circumstances disclose your personal information.
What information we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Content and other information you provide when you use the Platform, including registering for an account, creating sharing a listing, and messaging, communicating or scheduling appointments with other users or service providers. This can include information in the content that you provide, such as your listing detailed information, dates of photos. We also collect information about how you use the Platform, including the content that you view or engage with, search criteria and/or filters that you apply, which profiles, listings, services or products you visit or interact with, offers which you review, reject, accept or negotiate, and the frequency and duration of your activities.
- Content and other information other people do and information they provide when they use Platform, including information about you, such as occasions where they view your profile, they view or engage with your listing, communicate with you, try to or make offers on your property, including content in their offers or communications with you, and the frequency and duration of their activities
- Information about your payments through the Platform, such as your credit card or debit card number and other card information, relevant account and authentication information, and billing shipping and contact details when you purchase a product or service from us.
- Information about the devices which you use, such as your IP Address, name of your internet service provider, browser type, language preferences, time zones, location, device type, OS type and mobile number.
- Information about you or your listing from third-party partners, such as reports which you purchased, which are uploaded to the platform by third party providers and accessible by you, and other information about the status or details of your order.
- Information about you from your browser cookies, such as information to help us authenticate you, to help us to detect if somebody else is attempting to impersonate you or access your account, information to help us serve you ads which may be more relevant to you, information about the location, store your preferences, improve performance, and do analytics and research about our improvements to our Platform, including product and service offerings.
How we use your Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To facilitate the registration, management and verification of your account on our Platform
- To facilitate contact between yourself and Homenova so we can:
- provide to you marketing newsletter communications that you have opted-in to receive (you may also unsubscribe under your account settings);
- provide to you relevant information, such as when another user has tried to communicate with you;
- provide to you information about your orders;
- ask you about your experience using our Platform so we can improve our service;
- respond to your questions, comments, suggestions and feedback;
- To facilitate contact between yourself and other users for the purpose of buying or selling your home directly from or to other users;
- To facilitate contact between yourself and service providers for services or products which you purchase on the Platform;
- To facilitate a targeted and personal experience for you when using the Platform;
- To improve relevance for advertising targeting you through the Homenova Platform;
- To measure the success of advertising targeting you through the Homenova Platform;
- To analyze your patterns of use, search and browsing of our Platform so that we can continually improve the Platform experience;
- To perform comparable and statistical analysis or reports on house prices and market conditions;
- To collect and analyze other statistical analysis
- To promote safety and security
- To detect and/or prevent prohibited or illegal activities.
- For other purposes as described in this policy, or explained when the information is collected
What information we share with other parties
Homenova discloses information as follows:
Information Shared Through The Homenova Platform
- Public information about your listing. when you fill information about your listing through the listing process, and publish the listing, you make your information publicly available to any user on the Platform. This means that your listing information, including the photos of the property, its dimensions, its features, its property taxes, maintenance fees and asking prices are available for everyone on the Platform to see. It may be featured in newsletters or subscriptions which we disseminate to increase exposure of your property. Furthermore, our platform may be accessed by online search engines, APIs, and offline media, meaning that people outside of the Homenvoa Platform may see your public listing information as well. This information may also be indexed by search engine providers and as such, become publicly available even in the event that you decide to unlist this property.
- Public information about your profile. when you fill information about your profile through the registration process, other people may see your public profile information. Your first and last name will be shared with other users in order to facilitate trust and communications with other users. Your verification status (email, phone, ID, photo) will also be shared with other users, however, your phone number and email will not be shared without your permission.
- Third Party Integrations. Your public information may be shared digitally by you or others through integrations which we have with apps, websites and third-party integrations, such as email, facebook, linkedin, twitter and others for the purpose of maximizing the exposure of listings on our Platform. When they share your information through such third parties, other terms and conditions of use, as well as privacy policies may apply to your data. We do not take any responsibility for and have no control of these third parties terms and conditions or privacy policies.
- Third Party Links. When you follow third party links through the Platform, new terms and conditions, as well as privacy policies may apply. We suggest you familiarize yourself with such terms and conditions and privacy policies of third party sites.
- Platform User Customers. Other users of the site may purchase access to certain information, some of which is provided by you, some of which is provided by other users, and some of which is computer generated, in regards to your listing (after it is de-listed through the platform due to expiry, manual de-listing, or changing the status of the property to Sold), including how many views the listing received, how many appointment requests it got, how many unique visitors visited the listing page, how many offers it received and within how many days, how many days it took to sell or de-list, and historical listing information for your property which you filled when you listed the property, such that they may be able to devise their own strategy in regards to pricing their property or making offers on comparable properties to yours. When a customer purchases such information your profile information in such report will not be shown to the User Customer, and we will not provide your name, email address or phone number as part of the report. We will only provide information which is specific to the property.
- Communications. when you message somebody, book appointment, or make or reject or accept an offer through our platform, you choose to share information with that person. For example, if you choose to make an offer through the platform, information shared may include your full legal name, your phone number, your home address, your email, and other information. For an appointment booking, you may share your email and your phone number.
- Our affiliated companies. Such companies may also have access to the information available through the platform.
- New Owner, if the ownership or control of all or part of our Platform or its assets changes, we may transfer your information to a new owner.
Information Shared With Third Parties
Homenova may also disclose your information to third-parties:
- Advertising, Measurements and Analytics Services. WE DO NOT PROVIDE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. However, in order for us to provide advertising that is interesting and appropriate for you, we use all of the information that we have to design and provide to you targeted advertising. We will not provide your personally identifiable information such as phone number, email or name to third party Advertising, Measurements and Analytics Service Providers, or otherwise information that may allow them to contact you, but we may provide general advertising profiles (i.e. thirty five year old female in Thornhill looking for a house in the range of $500,000 to $1,000,000), unless you give us permission to share your personally identifiable information. We may also provide to our Advertising, Measurements and Analytics Service Providers statistics about the effectiveness of advertising without providing personally identifiable information. For example, we may tell them for a certain profile group, how many times an advertisement was presented and how many times it was clicked. We will do so to help them understand their target market better.
- Third Party Customers, real estate data is valuable to third party customers, such as real estate agencies, statistical institutes, construction companies, real estate appraisers, banks and other such customers that may use statistical data about your listing and the outcome of the listing. Such Customers may purchase access to certain information, some of which is provided by you, some of which is provided by other users, and some of which is computer generated, in regards to your listing (after it is de-listed through the platform or after it is sold through the platform), including how many views the listing received, how many appointment requests it got, how many unique visitors visited the listing page, how many offers it received and within how many days, how many days it took to sell or de-list, and historical listing information for your property which you filled when you listed the property. When a customer purchases such information your profile information will not be shown to the Customer User, and we will not provide your name, email address or phone number. We will only provide information which is specific to the property.
- Suppliers, Service Providers, and Other Partners. We work together with other third party vendors, service providers, and other partners who help us operate the Platform, including hosting providers, providers for products or services which you purchase form us, technical service providers, consultants, customer service providers, payment providers, or research providers. We carefully select such providers and ensure that appropriate confidentiality requirements are set in place, and that the information shared with such providers is on a required, or need to know basis.
Information Accessed, Preserved or Copied for Legal Reasons
We may be required to access, make persistent or backup your information in response to:
- requests under a search warrant, court order, subpoena;
- requests coming from international jurisdictions outside of Ontario or Canada;
- requests made in regards to civil or criminal proceedings;
- reports or suspicions of fraud or otherwise other legal activities;
- support ongoing investigations;
- reports or suspicions of potential bodily harm or death;
- prevent fraud or abuse of our services;
- other legal requests, obligations or investigations.
We will handle such requests and situations on a case by case basis, and where believe in good faith that such action is necessary, we will proceed with accessing your data, and backing it up on a persistent basis to deal with such incident.
Can you let me know if there are any changes to this policy?
Our platform may need to use to cookies. A cookie is a file that is installed on you device’s storage and it contains information and parameters that would enhance your experience of using the Platform and may be required for the operation of the Platform. We may also collect information from cookies in your browser about other sites you have to in order to customize the experience for you.
What if I don’t want anybody to see any of my personal information?
The whole concept of the Homenova Platform is for you to buy or sell your home directly. Directly means that there is no middle man, or a broker, between you and other users, people, or service providers. This mean that within the guidelines of this policy, your personal information will have to be shared to facilitate the operation of the site for the goal of allowing buyers and sellers to interact directly. When you create a public profile or a public listing, your information is out there for the public to see. People will also interact with your information. We therefore recommend that if you are a person who is very concerned about his privacy, you should not try to sell or buy your home directly, and for that matter, you should not use our Platform.